August 22, 2010

Inspire Me!

So, last night my friend and I embarked on an adventure to the bookstore for some crafting inspiration! I found soooo many cools things that I want to do or at least try to do this week! The stuff I found was just so awesome that I couldn't pass up sharing it with you guys! Let me know if you make anything on my countdown... I'd love to see it! :)

Beaded Candle Holder- This would be so cheap and easy to make! Personally, I think some pearls wrapped around this would look gorgeous. 

Book Flower Frame- I plan on making this craft this week! It is TOO CUTE. Love this idea. Plus, it would be really simple to make. 
Wire Crafts- Sommer and I attempted this last night. We made little flowers. It looks harder than it is for sure. We got some 19 gauge wire, and I think if we would have got a smaller gauge it would have went a lot smoother. However, these designs look simpler, so it shouldn't be too difficult to bend and twist!


Stenciled Plates- I love painting plates! This is simple, but so cute!

Recycled Magazine Trash Bin
Homemade Stationary- I actually folded some paper and glued it with a glue stick this morning to make some super cute envelopes. I got the idea out of a book. They are really easy and fun to personalize! 
Last, I stumbled upon this book that I MUST HAVE ASAP. It was like 25 dollars in the store, BUT I came home and did a little google search. I found out Amazon has them for like right under 10. Perfect! My copy is on the way... and I have BIG plans for this book. It's like 365 days of "challenges." 
Just thought I'd share what inspired my Sunday morning. :) Anything inspiring stumble its way upon you today?

14 comments:

  1. I love the look of those plates and the bin

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to see this. It will so much fun to make all of these!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE going to the book store and browsing the craft books and magazines! So much inspiration.
    That 365 books looks awesome :) I hope you share some of the great tips and techniques along the way! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will share them daily! ;) A group of people who did the techniques and challenges would be super cool, so check back!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the envelope idea! You could make handmade envelopes out of scrap paper too. thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the trash bin! That would be fun to make! Also, that book interests me as well! I have not heard of that one!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the book store! Love doing crafts; love your' crafts.. cute blog! Thank you KRW... I got my 30 Days of Me from Kellie at Get The Words Out.. Her link is the Project Pen Pal on my sidebar if you want to see the full list of daily activities and I am having a wonderful weekend and hope you are too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. hi kristin. its nana. i love your crafting!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've always wanted to make plates!! Nice blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've seen the trash can one in one of my craft books too, I want to make one of those but don't have the patience, lol! The envelope idea is great, I've actually done those in the past for birthday and thank you cards:) Another great place to get ideas is Youtube.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fun ideas and pictures! Thanks for visiting our blog :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oooo... that last book looks fabulous!
    Thanks for dropping by my blog too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh gosh I really want that book now. The flower frame and the trash bin are a must try :)!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I just started reading your blog! Love it! We seem to like the same things!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your sweet comments! Much love!